NSU University School
NSU University School is located in Davie, Florida on the campus of Nova Southeastern University. We are a private, college preparatory school educating students in preschool through grade 12. Our speech and debate is a full service program, working with students from 5th to 12th grade.
The Speech and Debate Teacher is responsible for teaching middle and high school Speech and Debate courses, working with our Speech and Debate Team, fostering a positive community, and preparing students for local, state, and national competitions. This position works collaboratively with speech and debate support staff, Fine Arts faculty, and reports to the Director of Arts.
An ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
– Passionate drive for excellence in speech and debate
– Experience instructing upper school speech and debate students
– Excellent communication skills
– Experience coaching speech and debate students
– Experience competing in speech and debate students
– Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
– Willingness to work afterschool and on weekends to support competitive students (including travel to tournaments)
– A positive and collaborative working style
Job Responsibilities would include
– Teach Middle and Upper School Speech, Debate and Public Speaking Courses
– Daily classroom responsibilities for classes taught
– Prepare daily and weekly lesson plans in a manner that is responsive to school’s philosophy; and in team or grade level planning.
– Record and maintain school, classroom, and students’ information such as attendance, student files, referral information, progress reports, lesson plans, curriculum development, etc.
– Coordinate and develop curricular items for Speech and Debate classes (Middle and Upper School)
– Establish and maintain a positive learning environment that reflects the school’s philosophy.
– Refer students, when necessary, following school procedures.
– Communicate with parents and professional staff on a regular basis.
– Be responsible for following curriculum guidelines to include remediating, developing, and enriching computer based learning experiences.
– Attend and participate in departmental/division meetings, planning projects, activities, and school related evening and weekend programs
– Work afterschool and on weekends to support competitive students (including travel to tournaments)
– Travel to Speech and Debate competitions after school and on weekends
If you have questions or for consideration, applicants should submit the following to Aly Fiebrantz, Director of Speech and Debate – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Resume with references
– Philosophy of education/Cover letter
– If possible, video of candidate teaching middle or high school students
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com