Member Login

Reply To: Public Forum Pilot Rules

Home Forums Coaching Central Public Forum Pilot Rules Reply To: Public Forum Pilot Rules

While this seems self-serving since I was the chair of the committee here are my thoughts on the changes we adopted as pilot rules.

The additional minute added to the Summary Speeches and to Prep Time have been highly successful throughout the season and I think it would be going backward if we were to fail to adopt these as permanent changes to Public Forum.

As to number 3 the paraphrase rule I still see too many teams trying to get around the rules as written. We could stick with the more specific language we developed and come up with a clearer penalty for failing to follow the rule or we could further tighten the evidence rules to either eliminate paraphrasing or to establish a rule for what constitutes a card or piece of evidence.

Grand Crossfire hasn’t changed much in my experience. I still feel it isn’t a necessary element of the debate but understand why some people support keeping it in the format.

We should keep the additional minute added to the Summary Speeches and to Prep Time for each team.