(1) I think the additional minute has improved the quality of the summary speech and allowed teams to weigh impacts and discuss voters in a way that then makes the final focus more effective.
(2) The extra minute of prep has also improved the quality of debate especially for novices who now have more time to analyze and process information in the round. Rules should be made for the educational purposes of these events not just competition. Often the conversation about rules gets discussed from the prospective of what is best for the most experienced debaters with great coaching staff. We should be thinking about how these rules benefit/harm the first year debaters and teams struggling to build programs. More time to think and process helps these groups of students.
(3) Haven’t seen any real change.
(4) I agree with previous posts about the elimination of grand cross. I feel that it is not useful.
(5) Are you in favor of the 3 min Summary rule being passed as the official PF event rules? Yes
(6) Are you in favor of the 3 min prep time rule being passed as the official PF event rules? Yes